Ground Penetrating Radar
What are you looking for?
Let us help you find it.
Our technicians can quickly scan concrete structures to help identify embedded objects, and lessen the chance of cutting through them during demolition or renovation. A simple practice with proven results.
Call us before you cut or drill concrete.
Our knowledge is constantly expanding with years of service scanning, cutting, sawing, and drilling concrete structures, and continues with additional training and certifications.
Our service utilizes the latest and most up to date equipment
Our staff has completed training courses in theory and practice of applying substance interface radar in engineering and geophysical investigations.
How is Ground Penetrating Radar Used?
- Scan concrete before cutting or core drilling to locate hidden conduits/drain pipes
- Inspect walls, floors, decks, slabs, tunnels, balconies, garages
- Locate rebar, tension cables, conduits, voids, PVC pipe
- Measure slab thickness
- Large area can be inspected in one day
- Locate/examine concrete structures to a depth of 36″
- Real time imaging and location
- Create 3D images to show hidden objects
- Depth’s up to 18′ in soil
- Testing can be completed in occupied areas
- Access is not needed on both sides of a structure
- Sink hole mitigation/investigation
- Forensic investigations to locate gravesides
Ground Penetrating Radar can also locate buried bodies, guns and knives, tunnels, explosives, buried objects such as cash, drugs and vaults. Blake Construction has used GPR to locate underground disturbances and sink holes. The data is then used to plan sink hole mitigation.